This past week I was in Brooklyn for my friend daughter’s wedding. I’ve been to NYC many times but this was my first time to Brooklyn. We stayed in the DUMBO neighborhood which is short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge and absolutely loved everything about it. It’s like being in Manhattan in terms of having so much to do, see, eat, etc, but without the busy streets and overcrowded places. We stayed at the gorgeous 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge and I can not say enough how beautiful this property is. If you’re planning a visit, here are my 5 top things to do in DUMBO
- Visit the Rooftop at the 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. You don’t have to be a guest to explore this beautiful property. Have a drink at Brooklyn Heights Social Club which features stunning Manhattan skyline views. Then head up to 1 Rooftop Garden Bar to take an even closer look of the view.
- Go for Breakfast at The River Cafe. This Michelin rated restaurant had been on my list of “must go” for a long time. It was a short 3 min walk from our hotel. We got there around 10:00am and they weren’t very busy so we were able to get a table on their patio. We ordered their avocado toast and it was one of the best I’ve ever had. I highly recommend seating in the patio area to get the best views of the Manhattan Skyline. Make sure you have a reservation.
- Get a Latte or Lunch at BlueStone Lane . This sophisticated café has it all. Their menu is focused on seasonal, health-oriented offerings including brunch. They also have a full bar and a wine list menu. Loved their decor, definitely “instagrammable”
- Take the Instagram famous photo under the Manhattan Bridge. If you hashtag #DumboBroolyn on Instagram, this is the top picture spot in DUMBO, and I couldn’t pass the chance to take one. You’ll see a lot of people trying to get the perfect shot so you’ll have to work around the crowd.
- Atrium Dumbo. This French-American restaurant has a beautiful open atmosphere with a nice bar and a patio area; many seating options to choose from– We chat over a bottle of their rosé before we made our way to the airport. The service was outstanding.
- Extra: Aside from all of the above, you can’t leave Brooklyn without going to the Brooklyn Bridge and Grimaldi’s Pizza
Get the look :
What are some of your favorite spots in DUMBO Brooklyn?